Saturday, June 5, 2010

The Outsiders Webquest

The Outsiders Webquest

Website: http://outsiders06.tripod.com/

Description: This was a great and interactive webquest that had many higher-level questions in it and was easily accessible to the students. It gave students the opportunity to put themselves in the mindset of the characters in the novel to get a better understanding of their motives and actions. What I thought was great about this website was that it included activities for the individual to do as well as entire group. Along with this, they also provided a way for the students to evaluate themselves and their group performance in performing the tasks in the Webquest. I think that this would be highly effective in my classroom because it provides students with Internet resources, it fosters their higher level thinking abilities that deal with the major themes in the book, and it supports their strength in group work. I would love to implement this in my classroom because it connects technology to my classroom and helps the students discover their own answers to the essential questions I have about this novel including the reasons why people join gangs and the similarities that all humans share.

No comments:

Post a Comment