Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fan Fiction for The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie

Junior 10 years later:

I often wonder what would have happened to me if I never left the reservation to go to high school. Where would Rowdy and I be off to now? Would I have gone to college? Who knows? All I can say is that my experiences have made me who I am, my entire persona, my entire being. I do not need o explain myself to anyone, I know my where I come from, I know who I am, and I know where I am going.

Down the street to the café to get a latte with my new wife. That is where I am going, then maybe back to the apartment for a little roll in the hay. I love the way she holds my arm when we walk, she reminds me a lot of Penelope, tough but fragile all at the same time. We met at a book shop reaching for the same book. I really like the way we look together.

Too bad the world is probably going to tear us apart at some point, I just hope we an fit back together as closely as we fit in my sketch. Who knows? I think my grandmother might, too bad she can’t tell me so easily with words.

No comments:

Post a Comment