Sunday, June 20, 2010

Fanfic (as the kids call it) By Emilie Jones

Emilie Jones

Fanfiction Post – Forged by Fire (Sharon M. Draper)


Angel’s Eyes

Told from the perspective of Angel

Why was I born into the stupid, messed up family? There are times, when I’m dancing, that I am lost. I spin and spin and spin. My mind goes blank, and my thoughts fly away. And I’m lost. Not the kinda lost that you see on that commercial with the snot-nosed kid crying in the middle of a busy room and he can’t find his parents. My lost is a good lost. My lost means that I don’t have to cringe every time I hear the door to my room open because I’m afraid it’s my drunk father ready to play one of his “games.” My lost means that I don’t have to watch my mom take pills or drink or get beat up by Jordan – my father. My lost means that I don’t have a father or a mother, just a brother. Gerald. This is when I open my eyes and I see me and Gerald living a good life away from Cincinnati and away from all this crap. I dance and dance and dance. And sometimes, when I’m really lost in my dancing, I smile. While I am dancing and getting lost, I see things I don’t see when I’m standing still. My eyes open, and I see my family like the Washington’s family – a loving mom, a supportive dad, a house that we’ve lived in for more than 6 months.

But eventually, I have to stop spinning....... I have to. When I do stop, I tightly hold my eyes together so that I can block out the father and mother I do have. I try to keep my eyes closed until the next time that I can get lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment