Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Outsiders Fan Fiction

I am going to make my students create a piece of fan-fiction for The Outsiders where they will focus on the day that Johnny got beat up by the Socs from Johnny's point of view. I will show them this one I created as an example:

"Man, I hate my parents," I whispered to myself.
I walked out my front door as I heard my parents' screams begin to escalate. Their yelling followed me out the door and I could feel my face get redder and redder with embarrassment.
How did I end up in a family like this?
I began walking down the street hoping that I would cool down before meeting up with my friends. Man, if it wasn't for those guys, I don't know what I would be doing with my life. All of our gang is just one big support system. However I know that no one can replace family.
I continued walking until I made it to the abandoned lot near Ponyboy's house. I saw a football in the grass so I walked over there to pick it up. That's right when I heard a car pull up beside me.
"Oh look who it is. It;s a Greaser!," someone yelled from the car.
I knew it was too late to run so I turn around and saw 5 guys coming at me. They each had their madras shirts and rich looking shoes on. Typical Socs.
"Get out of our territory," I yelled.
"Or what?," one of them responded.
Before I could say anything else the boys all ran at me at the same time. I tried to make a run for it but the largest of the group grabbed me. At that point all the boys started punching me at the same time. I felt like someone was hitting me with bricks all over my body and the pain was unbearable.
"Help me," I screamed.
Soon after I was on the floor and I could feel them kicking me with those rich shoes I had admired beforehand. Each kick was like a sledgehammer to my ribs and stomach. I could feel the world darken around me as I cried out "Help me!" one final time.

No comments:

Post a Comment